Frequently Asked Questions
- How the room cleaning carry out for consecutive nights?
- The room will be cleaned between 9:30～15:30.
If you plan to return within the cleaning time, please inform the front desk staff your request time for the room cleaning when you go out. (※In case you don’t inform your request time, we maybe ask you for waiting for a while.)
If the room cleaning is not necessary, please hang DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door knob.
In accordance with sanitary management of the guest room, the room cleaning will be carried out at least once every 3 days.
- Can I smoke in my room?
- We are sorry, but our rooms are all non-smoking room. You can smoke at the smoking space in a lobby.
- Can you tell me about the cancellation policy?
- If you cancel your reservation, please inform us 48 hours before your arrival date.
Late or un-notified cancellation may incur cancellation charge as below:
◆One day before of arrival : 20% of the first day accommodation rate
◆On the day of arrival : 80% of the first day accommodation rate
◆No-show : 100% of the accommodation rate
If your reservation is made through travel agency, please ask them about the cancellation policy.
- What time is check-in and check-out time?
- Basically, check-in time is 2:00pm and check-out time is 11:00am. It will be changed depending on your reservation plan.
- Can I check in earlier?/Can I check out later?
- When you arrive earlier than 2:00pm, we keep your luggage.
When you check out later than 11:00am, we will ask you to pay an extra charge as below.
◆until 3:00pm・・・30% of room charge
◆until 5:00pm・・・50% of room charge
◆after 5:00pm・・・100% of room charge
(Room charge will be a rack rate)
(You might not be allowed to check out later depending on the situation)
- Can I leave my luggage before check-in time/after check out?
- Yes, we keep your luggage anytime before check-in time and after check out.
- Is there a curfew?
- No, we are opened 24 hours. Please leave your room key when you go out everytime at the front desk.
- Can I check in lately?
- Yes, we are opened 24 hours, so you can check in anytime. Please inform us if you arrive later than the time you have already told us.
- Can I watch English TV program?
- We are sorry, but English TV program is not available, however if you pay 1,000 yen, you can watch English TV program on VOD(Video-on-demand).
- Is there a refrigerator in a room?
- Yes. Please turn it on when you use it as we normally turn it off for saving electricity.
- Can my child sleep together on my bed?
- If your child is under 6 years old, your child can sleep with you on your bed. Please bring pajamas and other amenities for your child.
- Is there one room key for one room?
- Yes. There is only oen cylinder key for each room.
- Can I get on the waiting list?
- We are sorry, but we do not accept it. Please check the availability each time.
- Can I rent a crib?
- Yes. It costs 1,782 per night. We can provide a crib only in Twin room, Triple room or 4 beds room. Please inform us in advance when you need it.
- Is there a public bath or a spring in a hotel?
- No. There is a bathroom in each room, and that is the only bathroom in a hotel.
- I have an allergy to feathers. What can you do for me?
- We change a pillow and a duvet to non-feather one. Please inform us in advance.
- Is there a conference room?
- We are sorry, but there are only guest rooms.
- Can you tell me breakfast time?
- Italian restaurant opens between 7:00am to 10:00am(last call at 10:00), and Japanese restaurant opens between 7:00am to 9:30am(last call at 9:30).
It might be changed depending on the situation.
- My reservation is not included breakfast. Can I order breakfast?
- Yes. It is not necessary to make a reservation. Please go to the restaurant and order there directly.
- My reservation is included breakfast, but we leave before the restaurant opens. Can I take it away?
- We are sorry, but we can only serve you breakfast in the restaurant.
- Can I use the internet?
- Yes. Each room has free WiFi service and a LAN cable connection.
- Can I send my luggage to the hotel before we arrive?
- Yes. We keep your luggage until you check in. Please write a reservation name, check-in date and the address as below on shipping label. Valuables and dangerous items and cash-on-deliverly are not acceptable.
Hotel Gimmond Kyoto, 595, Kikkoya-cho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, 604-8105
- Can I send my luggage to Kyoto station when I check out?
- Yes. It costs 1,000 yen per item. You need to apply by 11:00am, then you can pick up it between 2:00pm to 8:00pm on the date.
- Can I send my document by fax? / Can I make a copy of my document?
- Yes. Sending a fax costs a fee for sending and 100 yen as a handling charge. Making a copy costs 20 yen for black-and-white printing, and 60 yen for color printing.
- Can I rent a wheelchair?
- Yes. When you need it, please let us know in advance because we only have one.
- Is there a vending machine? / Can I get ice cubes?
- Yes. We have a vending machine at the eleveter hall on the 2nd floor.
You can get ice cubes at the front desk.
- Can you keep my valuables?
- Yes. We keep it in a safe-deposit box at the front desk.
- Do you have a washing machine in a hotel?
- We are sorry, but there is not a washing machine in a hotel, however we have laundry service. There is a laundry bag and a order sheet in a desk drawer in your room. In addition, there is a laundromat which is 5 minutes away from hotel.
- How can I get to the hotel from the nearest subway station “Karasuma Oike”?
- It takes 3 minutes from Exit 3-1. Walk straight from Exit 3-1 after you get out the exit, then you will see the hotel on your right hand side on the corner before the 4th street from the exit.
- Can you tell me the directions from Kyoto station?
- Take a subway Karasuma Line towards Kokusai Kaikan and get off at Karasuma Oike which is 3 stops away from Kyoto station. If you take a taxi, it takes 10 to 15 minutes and it costs 1,000 to 1,500 yen from Kyoto station.
- Where can I park my car/bycycle?
- We are afraid that we do not have a parking space for car. We can show you a coin operated parking nearby. We keep your bycycle at free space of a staff entrance.
- Do you have a shuttle service?
- We are sorry, but we do not have a shuttle service. Please use a public transportation.
- Is there a convenience store nearby?
- Yes. There are 3 convenience stores which is 1 to 2 minutes away.
- Are there any restaurants nearby?
- Yes. There are some restaurants such as Japanese, Sushi restaurant, Italian, Bakery, Coffee shop and more.
- Can I buy a One-day Pass for bus and subway?
- Yes. There is a ticket vending machine at the elevator hall on the 1st floor. We sell One-day Pass for Bus or Bus&Subway for adult and child.
- Can I go to the restaurants in my pajamas/slippers from my room?
- The Pajamas and slippers in your room can be used only in a room.